How to choose fish oil? How much should I take in each day?
Fish oil is one of the most popular health foods today. It is best known that fish oil contains Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids that are beneficial to humans. It has been confirmed that DHA and EPA in Omega-3 can reduce triglyceride in blood. Ester, which has anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombotic properties and contributes to cardiovascular health.
What should I pay attention to when buying fish oil? Which fish oil is right for you? So next, we will sort out some common problems and solve them one by one.
How to choose fish oil?
When purchasing fish oil, you must pay attention to the product labeling, pay attention to whether the content of Omega-3, DHA, EPA is clearly marked, and select products with component certification and heavy metal inspection report.
The commercially available fish oil Omega-3 concentration is about 20-85%. Although many fish oil products contain 1000mg, the Omega-3 contained in 1g fish oil may vary from 200-900mg.
In addition, fish oil is not recommended to add too much compound ingredients, such as carotene, red peony, natto, etc. It is recommended to choose only fish oil ingredients. However, the only nutrient that can be added is vitamin E. The advantage is that it can maintain the stability of fish oil and is more conducive to preservation.
There are three forms of fish oil on the market: FFA type, TG type, and EE type. The three methods are different in their refining methods, so the degree of absorption by the human body is different. According to the comprehensive evaluation of many experimental results, fish oil The absorbance is FFA type > TG type > EE type.
Fish oil intake
Before buying fish oil, you must first understand the purpose of your health care, and then supplement it according to the corresponding content to achieve the best health benefits.
- Basic maintenance: Omega-3 1000mg / day
- Pregnancy supplement: DHA 200-300mg/day or Omega-3 2000-3000mg/day
- Three high group, cardiovascular health: Omega-3 2000-3000mg / day
- Prevention of dementia: DHA 300mg / day, PS 100mg / day
For basic maintenance, if you choose 1000mg of fish oil, if the concentration of Omega-3 is 30%, take about 3 per day. If you want to improve cardiovascular health such as blood lipids, you need to take 8-10 per day. the amount.
Therefore, if the intake of Omega-3 required for health care is high, it is recommended to choose a formula with a higher concentration, which can save the trouble of taking multiple capsules at a time.
What are the precautions for taking fish oil?
- Those who are allergic to fish and shrimp should avoid taking fish oil.
- The total daily intake of Omega-3 does not exceed 3000mg to avoid adverse reactions.
- Abnormal coagulation, if taking aspirin or warfarin, although fish oil is not directly related to bleeding risk in clinical trials, other studies have shown that it may affect wound coagulation, still need to take pay attention.
- Three high patients can not be discontinued, although fish oil has been confirmed in research to reduce triglycerides and regulate blood pressure, but these health effects can not completely replace drug treatment, patients still need to take medication according to the doctor’s instructions.
- Drug interaction: Fish oil may increase the efficacy of lowering blood pressure and lowering blood fat drugs. When seeking medical treatment, you should take the initiative to inform the doctor or pharmacist to take health food or healthy food to avoid interaction. When purchasing fish oil products, you can also ask the pharmacist first.
How much fish oil does fresh fish contain?
The good stuff is omega-3, such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines, and saury. These are high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as 2-3 ounces of anchovy or salmon per week, up to 250mg of EPA and DHA (1 ounce =28.35g).
However, it is not easy for modern people to eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids on a regular basis every week, and it is not easy for people in high demand to get enough omega-3 from fish, so fish oil supplements are quite convenient.
Will fish oil have pollutants?
Regardless of the fish type of fish oil, the inspection of pollutants is very important for the safety of health foods. Whether the pollutants and heavy metals in the products are removed depends on whether the products can be effectively filtered during the manufacturing process. It is safer to choose a product with a test report.
Is cod liver oil equal to fish oil?
Cod liver oil and fish oil are two completely different substances. The fat derived from fish oil is rich in nutrients such as EPA and DNA. It helps cardiovascular health. Cod liver oil is extracted from the liver of fish and contains fat-soluble vitamin A. D, for vision and bone development, the efficacy of the two is completely different.