4 foods that can be eaten on an empty stomach, and 4 foods that cannot be eaten on an empty stomach
Have you heard anything like this:
Do not drink milk or soy milk on an empty stomach. It is not good for the stomach.
- Don’t eat bananas on an empty stomach. It is not good for your heart.
- Do not drink yogurt on an empty stomach, live bacteria will die.
- In short, as long as you are fasting, there are various dietary taboos.
But are these rumors true?
Food that can be eaten on an empty stomach
Milk, soy milk
- Rumors: Milk, soy milk contains a lot of high-quality protein, drink on an empty stomach, protein will be wasted. And drinking milk and soy milk on an empty stomach will increase the burden on the stomach.
- The truth: milk, soy milk contains carbohydrates, will be preferentially decomposed to provide energy, do not worry about protein wasted, do not have to worry about increasing the burden of gastrointestinal.
Many people can’t drink milk on an empty stomach because of lactose intolerance (such as diarrhea). In this case, don’t drink on an empty stomach. It is recommended to eat some other food first, then drink it in small quantities, or choose yogurt directly. Lactose milk and so on.
Soymilk is not the same as milk. As long as it is cooked, even if it is an empty stomach, it will not feel uncomfortable.
- Rumors: There are more magnesium and potassium in bananas, which will affect the heart function and is not conducive to good health.
- Truth: As long as the kidneys are healthy, there is no need to worry about eating bananas on an empty stomach.
Banana is indeed a food with high potassium and magnesium content, but even if it is eaten on an empty stomach, the potassium and magnesium in the banana are only slowly entering the body bit by bit, and the absorption is limited, and it will not enter all the time like an injection. blood.
In addition, the human body has an automatic adjustment function, which constantly monitors the amount of potassium and magnesium, and then metabolizes excess parts through the kidneys and skin to maintain a balanced state.
Therefore, for the human body with healthy kidneys, there is no need to care about these.
- Rumor: yogurt should not be drunk on an empty stomach. When people are on an empty stomach, the stomach is in a strong acid environment, which is not conducive to the survival of lactic acid bacteria.
- Truth: even without live bacteria, yogurt is a great belly food.
Indeed, the stomach on an empty stomach is relatively high in acidity, a variety of lactic acid bacteria difficult to survive. However, whether the lactic acid bacteria in the yogurt can get into the intestines is a problem, so you don’t have to care too much whether they are alive or dead.
Even without live bacteria, the nutritional value of yogurt is still very good, but also to avoid the problem of lactose intolerance, but more suitable for fasting eating.
Yogurt in the three major nutrients (carbohydrates, fat, protein) proportion is very reasonable, in fact, is a very good “fasting diet” food. Don’t measure the nutritional value of lactic acid bacteria just by their activity.
- Rumor: tomatoes contain a lot of tannic acid and other ingredients, easy to chemical reaction with gastric acid, the formation of stomach stones.
- Truth: ripe tomatoes don’t have high levels of tannin, nor do they produce side effects with high-protein foods.
Tannic acid widely exists in all kinds of plants, can react with protein, is the main reason that produces astringent taste, for example: unripe persimmon.
A large number of intake of tannic acid, may indeed lead to stomach persimmon stone, but also “persimmon can not eat on an empty stomach”, “persimmon crabs can not eat with” these remarks the main reason.
But ripe tomatoes, tannin content is not high, tomatoes and high-protein food side effects is nonsense.
This food is not to be eaten on an empty stomach
Alcohol is not recommended at any time, let alone on an empty stomach.
Alcohol is a very small number of substances that can be directly absorbed by the stomach. When drinking on an empty stomach, it is not only easy to stimulate the gastric mucosa, cause gastritis and gastric ulcer and other pathological changes, but also more likely to get drunk.
For diabetes, fasting drinking is more dangerous, prone to hypoglycemia, leading to coma and other serious consequences.
Food that is too cold
For the stomach strong people may not be a big deal, if there are stomach discomfort, indigestion and other problems, do not recommend fasting eat cold food.
Because in fasting state to eat too many cold things, will stimulate gastrointestinal contracture, and even induce stomach pain, diarrhea and other symptoms.
Eating spicy and sour food on an empty stomach is not recommended.
Because eat these foods when empty stomach, can cause intense stimulation to gastric mucous membrane, bowel wall, cause gastrointestinal spasm, colic, affect digestible function, especially oneself has alimentary canal ulcer to wait a person, should notice more.
Have gastric acid excessive, gastric ulcer, or often abdominal distention, diarrhea and other problems are not recommended to eat sweet potatoes on an empty stomach.
Because eat a large number of sweet potatoes on an empty stomach, easy to cause gastric acid secretion, causing acid, heartburn phenomenon, aggravating the symptoms of stomach discomfort.
But healthy people don’t have to worry too much.
In short, for healthy foods, there are very few “absolutely not to eat on an empty stomach,” this statement, unless there is a real digestive tract problems.
Tell your friends to relax and enjoy the good food.