How does physical examination discover thyroid nodule to do?
What is a thyroid nodule?
When it comes to the thyroid gland, this organ is actually worthy of our “care”! Especially women!
In the past decade, the incidence of thyroid disease in China has increased fivefold, nearly 200 million people have problems with this organ, but few people pay attention to it! In particular, for pregnant women, thyroid disease will affect the health of the next generation! Therefore, we must pay attention to the nursing of thyroid position.
Then there is the thyroid nodule, which is a mass of various forms in the thyroid gland, in general, because of the anatomical structure of the relationship, the thyroid nodule will be because of “swallowing” up and down with the thyroid gland.
Thyroid nodules can occur in a variety of thyroid diseases, such as simple goiter, thyroiditis, thyroid tumors and so on.
From the number of points, thyroid nodules can be divided into single and multiple nodules. The proportion of multiple nodules is usually high.
The common diseases causing thyroid nodules are:
- Nodular goiter (hyperplastic lesion).
- Thyroid adenoma (benign tumor).
- Thyroid carcinoma (malignant tumor).
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (autoimmune inflammation).
- Subacute thyroiditis (viral infection).
What symptom does thyroid nodule have?
The vast majority of thyroid nodule patients do not have symptoms, many patients are found by chance through physical examination or imaging examination.
However, the following situations must be noted.
- There is pain in the thyroid area with a tender mass.
- Sudden enlargement of the mass and local pain and discomfort were seen in the thyroid region, and there was a possibility of hemorrhage in the goiter mass.
- In cases of rapid enlargement of thyroid nodules within a short period of time, accompanied by hoarseness, dyspnea, dysphagia, or marked enlargement of the cervical lymph nodes, the nodule may be malignant.
- Thyroid nodules with diarrhea, facial flushing, to watch out for medullary thyroid carcinoma.
Why are thyroid nodules more female?
Pay attention! Thyroid nodules especially favor women between the ages of 30 and 50. The incidence of thyroid nodules in women is 2 to 4 times higher than that in men.
There are three main reasons.
It has something to do with the physical characteristics of women. It has to do with female hormones.
A woman has to get pregnant, have a baby, use a thyroid organ during pregnancy, double the work of the thyroid gland, secrete more thyroid hormones, and thyroid function is affected.
It’s also related to the emotional richness of women.
How to discover thyroid nodule to do?
1: go to a regular hospital.
2: blood test. The presence of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is confirmed.
3: identification of the status and characteristics of the nodule by further examination.
- B-ultrasound is the first choice of thyroid examination, rapid and correct;
- CT and MRI were used to evaluate the relationship between a large mass or malignant tumor of the thyroid gland and the surrounding tissue.
- Isotope scan is suitable for patients with thyroid nodule and hyperthyroidism.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology is a safe, effective and reliable method to distinguish benign from malignant thyroid nodules, but there is a certain failure rate.
4: according to the disease caused by thyroid nodules to do the corresponding treatment.
Can thyroid nodule transform into cancer?
Thyroid nodules are clinically very common. Among them, 7%, 15% of thyroid nodules for malignant lesions, that is, thyroid cancer, the majority of thyroid nodules are seen as benign lesions.
However, there are a number of high-risk groups that require special attention:
- History of radiation exposure to head and neck or exposure to radioactive dust in childhood.
- He has a history of systemic radiation therapy.
- There are differentiated thyroid carcinoma, medullary thyroid carcinoma or MEN2 type, familial polyposis, past history or family history of some thyroid syndromes.
Therefore, should regularly go to the regular hospital physical examination, if indeed diagnosed as thyroid cancer, must actively cooperate with treatment. Want to know, the cure rate of thyroid cancer is very high compared to other high incidence cancer!
Dietary contraindications in patients with thyroid nodules
Appropriate control of iodine intake, avoid excessive consumption of iodine food, such as kelp, Laver, Nostoc and so on, this kind of food may increase thyroid follicular cells damage and antibody, damage thyroid cell structure and function, especially in patients with hyperthyroidism; Iodine needs to be strictly avoided.
Reasonable increase in carbohydrate intake, usually 60% of the total energy of the body, 70% of the appropriate, so as to meet the energy requirements of the body, and limit the loss of protein in the body.
Avoid or use less food to promote the development of thyroid nodules, such as cabbage, radish, rape, cabbage, cassava, walnut and so on. Spicy irritant, fatty, fried food is also not suitable for thyroid nodule patients, such as onions, pepper, pepper and cinnamon, and so on.