What is a good diet and how to eat correctly in order to be healthy?
Eating well is a necessary condition for keeping healthy and resisting aging.In this article, you will find the main principles of nutrition, basic nutritional needs, how our bodies digest food, the benefits of a good diet, how to eat better in life, and finally, how to practice in this field to make ourselves healthier.
How can you eat better?
The vast majority of food experts, whether they are in an official environment or not, agree on some principles that can serve as guidelines:
- Balanced diet: It is wise to choose different food groups: vegetables and fruits ( half of the plate ), cereals ( one quarter of the plate ), meat and substitutes ( the other quarter ), which will increase calcium intake, for example through dairy products.So your diet will contain a lot of carbohydrates, enough protein and a small amount of fat.
- Diverse diet: In order to reach the necessary nutrition range and avoid malnutrition, it is necessary not only to take food from each group of food every day, but also to take some food from each group.
- Fresh quality food: recommend fresh local food.Refined products and hydrogenated fats should be avoided.
- Reasonable diet: overweight can cause many diseases and greatly reduce life expectancy.Long – term mild low calorie ( but lack of nutrition ) diet helps prevent some cancers and prolong life span.In addition, this can limit oxidation and prevent clogging.An example of adjustment: systematically reduce the intake of high-calorie foods ( such as pasta and rice ) to one-fourth or one-third and replace them with nutritious and low-calorie foods ( such as vegetables ).
- Delicious diet: First of all, taste determines our food choices.If so many people give up dieting, it is because they have not brought happiness to themselves.However, processed foods high in salt, sugar and fat seem to be getting more and more attention and will even become the standard for young people.In order to counteract the attraction of these ” value – for – money” dishes, you must provide yourself with particularly popular health foods and prepare them in a delicious way – especially with the help of herbs, many of which are good sources of nutrients …
- Eat carefully: Take some time to savor each bite of food carefully. Fully conscious eating is an effective way to rediscover the taste of food while reducing the proportion of food absorbed.
- Using sequential nutrition: sequential nutrition is to eat in a certain way according to different times of the day.For example, it is recommended to eat fat in the morning, more fat at noon and less fat at night.In the long run, this technology can restore weight and improve its health.
- Manage your diet: in order to get the best nutrition intake and avoid weight gain, it is essential to organize yourself.In fact, unbalanced diet is often due to improvisation, which is why it is recommended to plan a one-day diet in the evening before breakfast and every morning.
Healthy diet: basic nutritional needs
The basic nutritional needs that need to be understood can be divided into the following two categories: macronutrients ( proteins, lipids, carbohydrates ) that provide energy and micronutrients ( vitamins, micronutrients ) … This is essential for the absorption, processing and proper use of macronutrients.
Protein is necessary for a balanced diet.They contribute to the normal operation of organs, thanks to the amino acids that make up them: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine.Our cells need these 8 essential amino acids, and the lack of one of these amino acids will hinder protein synthesis, which is essential for DNA reconstruction.
Lipids are the basis for the production of all our cells, hormone systems and cell membranes.They provide the energy needed by the body to operate and regulate a variety of physiological functions.Omegas 3 in food is crucial to a good diet.It is advisable to choose high-quality fatty acids rich in monounsaturated fatty acids ( olive oil ) and polyunsaturated fatty acids ( rapeseed oil ).
Carbohydrates are also essential for our body to provide energy.Carbohydrate – derived foods are starches ( cereals, beans, potatoes, high starch ), green vegetables, candies and fresh dried fruits.The three types of carbohydrates are monosaccharide, complex sugar and fiber.It is best to avoid refining and addiction of white sugar and brown sugar.They exist in candy, candy and sweet drinks.
There are fewer and fewer micronutrients in today’s diet, because planting methods ( using pesticides, fungicides, etc. ), food extraction methods ( refining, high temperature ), cooking methods ( microwave, frying ) and preservation methods destroy these micronutrients.These cannot be made by the body, so they must be brought by various, balanced and high-quality foods.
Their lack will cause imbalance of the body, thus causing a large number of symptoms ( inflammation, sleep disorders, memory disorders, emotional disorders, digestive disorders ).In addition, they protect us from free radicals.
The main antioxidant vitamins are vitamins a e and c, which are contained in fruits, vegetables and green tea.
- Mechanism of vitamin A regulating eyes.
- Vitamin C can help human body produce collagen and ensure adhesion, elasticity and regeneration of connective tissue.It also acts on the immune system and exists in the liver, brain and endocrine glands.
- Vitamin E contained in vegetable oil plays an important role in intestinal mucosa, so it plays an important role in the digestion process.Strong antioxidant, synergism with vitamin c.
As for other vitamins, B vitamins are useful for the nervous system, vitamin D enters hundreds of functions of the human body, and vitamin K because it is a normal blood clot and plays a role in bone strength.
It is important to pay attention not to eat too much cereals and beans, because a large number of cereals and beans will cause digestion and hinder the absorption of nutrients, thus resulting in the production of anti-nutritional substances ( lectins, phytates, saponins, etc. ) contained in them.
Protect digestive system
Digestion begins in the mouth, and the process is not completed even after two days.In this process, there are numerous chemical transformations in which various enzymes cooperate with several organs.In addition, many personal characteristics affect the nutrients our organisms absorb: age, health status, food allergy or intolerance, a large amount of adipose tissue, the body’s nutritional reserves, types of work, physical activity, sleep quality, tobacco use, mood and stress, when you eat, posture when eating, etc.
The process of digestion is so complicated that we have always advocated various methods, which should be more suitable for our digestive system: vegetarianism, choosing food according to blood type, balancing acid and alkali, food matching, etc.In addition, public health organizations in most countries have issued official dietary guidelines, which are also continuously developing.However, even today, experts do not agree with each other, and new food assumptions often appear.
In order to better digest the system, you should pay attention to your oral health, ensure a balanced diet, and maintain good mental health and diet rules.
Benefits of Food Nutrition
The benefits of a good diet depend on the environment, mood, food source, cooking method, individual’s physiological condition and ability to absorb nutrients, including:
Ensure acid-base balance
With the increase of age, the tissues tend to be acidified, resulting in demineralization.Liver is the most important deacidification organ.According to most experts, sugar contained in cakes, candy, meat, sausage, canned food, industrial beverages and many other foods will acidify if abused.This is why it is very important to properly balance your diet with alkalized foods ( such as minerals ) and to oxidize tissues through physical exercise.
Optimizing Digestive System
Some tips help digestion, such as taking time to sit down and eat ( avoid eating in front of a computer or TV ).Full – consciousness chewing can make the brain transmit satiety and satiety to the digestive system to ensure its saliva secretion function and make food easier to digest after being crushed.
Protect the intestinal ecosystem ( or microbiota )
The intestinal ecosystem needs a balance of emotion and food to reach its optimal state.It is composed of our intestinal flora and is also our ” friend” bacteria. It ensures good digestion, helps the immune system, and plays a variety of functions ( appetite, nutrition absorption, etc. ) in the body.In order to reproduce, they need fiber, polyphenols, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Avoid fatigue and forced eating.
Avoiding staying up late helps to ensure the normal operation of our biological rhythm ( circadian rhythm ).This helps regulate blood sugar and overall metabolism to avoid fatigue and sudden craving for food.
Light digestible food protects liver
This is to limit food that is too greasy, cooked too well, too sweet, and alcohol.Choose a diet that does not contain toxic substances and pollutants, which will slow down metabolism and make metabolism sick.
Fight some cancers
Some foods such as turmeric, green tea and pepper can reduce the risk of certain cancers.On the other hand, eating too much meat will lead to colorectal cancer.
How to eat well in life?
Food for seven large families is indispensable for a balanced diet:
Meat / fish / eggs
This family has eggs, cooked food, seafood, meat … These foods mainly provide proteins and lipids as well as certain vitamins ( B1, B2, D ) necessary for nervous system function and bone mineralization.
Milk and milk products
In this family, you can find yogurt, cheese and, of course, milk.These products contain protein, fat, calcium, phosphorus and vitamins A, D, B2 and B12.They are mainly involved in the construction of bones.If the dosage of dairy products is too high, it will promote the onset of prostate cancer.
Fruits and vegetables
Dried fruits, oilseeds, frozen, fresh vegetables … This family’s products are rich in water, keeping the body hydrated.They bring carbohydrates, vitamins ( A and C ), calcium and dietary fiber, which are helpful for digestion.
Some calorie foods: butter, margarine, oil … they bring energy, vitamins ( a, d, e ) and omega 3 and omega 6.
Sugar and sweets
Sweets are mainly composed of carbohydrates and minerals ( magnesium ), which can bring energy.Even if they give people a lot of happiness, they should not be abused because they have no very important nutritional value.
More than 60% of our body is made up of water.It is the basis of a healthy diet because it can dilute the acid in the body.Good hydration is essential to the health and cleanliness of the body.
Experts believe that adults should drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day, that is, 4 to 6 glasses of water. Light tea, herb tea and soup can well supplement water. The water demand is also related to your labor volume and ambient temperature.
Grain and starch
Rice, pasta, bread, potatoes … This kind of food is full of satiety and brings a lot of energy.They contain protein, carbohydrate, magnesium, iron, dietary fiber and vitamin B.